Art of Concrete warrants our concrete benchtops for a period of five (5) years, from the original date of purchase. We warrant that the product will be free from manufacturing defects provided the product is installed and/or fabricated by a certified Art of Concrete fabricator/installer.
Art of Concrete is not responsible for labour or installation charges, removal and/or disposal charges of existing benchtops or any other expenses associated with a defective product. Art of Concrete’s sole responsibility is replacement, exchange, or repair of a defective product.
This warranty does not cover:
- use of the benchtop for any commercial purpose
- edge chipping, surface damage caused by wear and tear, cracking or discolouration due to the product being subjected to high heat or damage caused by improper use or abuse including damage from mishandling or misuse, cracking around voids and cutouts, exposure to ultra violet light, damage from physical or chemical abuse and damage from improper care and maintenance including, but not limited to, damage caused by cleaning with abrasive substances
- scratches or stains
- any chemical damage
- damage to the product because it has been fabricated or installed in an improper manner or contrary to any specifications outlined by Art of Concrete
- any failures to benchtops or cabinetry due to inadequate support or un-level cabinetry for the installation
- the altering of any factory-applied finish
- additional modifications such as plumbing, electrical, tile, cabinets, flooring, etc. that may be necessary to repair or replace the Art of Concrete product covered under this warranty
- chipping or pinholes occurring during fabrication or through ongoing use
- seam appearance or seam performance
- hairline cracking around cutouts during or after installation
- products that have not been paid in full
- routine maintenance and minor conditions such as stains, acid etching, revealing of pinholes, and water spots that are a function of proper care and maintenance and which may be corrected by following the techniques specified in the Care & Maintenance Guide
This warranty applies only to benchtops that have been permanently installed in residences and that have not been moved from original installations.
This warranty is not transferable during the warranty period to any subsequent owner of the residence in which the surface product was originally installed.
The warranty does not apply where the defect is trivial or insubstantial and where the product is installed with known or visible manufacturing defects at the time of installation, including but not limited to colour variance or flatness deviation beyond reason.
Any claim under the warranty will not be recognised or accepted and the warranty does not apply if:
- the claim is not supported by proof of the purchase of the product from Art of Concrete within five (5) years
- the claim is not made within a reasonable period after the defect in the product would have become apparent to a reasonable person
- the product alleged to be defective is not made available for inspection and testing by Art of Concrete or its authorised representatives or consultants.
Concrete benchtops are poured in moulds, therefore when they are removed from the mould they will have some pinholes or bubbles along with other voids, “character markings”, and discolourations. These will become more pronounced and increase in number as the benchtop is polished. These holes will be filled but with age, some further pinholes may appear on the surface. These are not considered manufacturing defects; rather it is a reflection of the ongoing patina of the concrete product. Areas around voids and cutouts are a weak point and are susceptible to cracks. These are not manufacturing defects and due to the reinforcing used, these cracks are not structural rather aesthetic.